WHEN BUYING USED EQUIPMENT, ASK THESE QUESTIONS
Whether you’re buying new or old equipment, you want it to fulfill your professional needs and last as long as possible in your operation.
Because buying secondhand equipment is such a large commitment, it’s crucial to do your homework before making a final decision. Here are 15 questions to ask when buying used heavy equipment to help you make the best decision for your company.
1. Have you been in business for a long time?
You can get a feel of your dealer’s place in your neighborhood and the breadth of their heavy equipment experience by asking how long they’ve been in business.
2. Could you provide me with a list of contractors with whom you’ve worked?
Speaking with previous customers can provide you with vital insight into what it’s like to buy equipment from this provider, as it can in most sectors.
3. How well do you know the history of the machine?
When buying a piece of machinery, it’s a good idea to inquire about the machine’s age, prior owners, and major repairs.
4. Who is the owner of this equipment?
Even if you presume the vendor owns the equipment for sale, you should always double-check. A reputable dealer will reveal who owns the equipment and show you proof that it is paid in full and has not been reported stolen.
5. How many hours has this machine been in operation?
Knowing how many hours the equipment has been in use will help you estimate how long it has left to live.
- Types of Dozer and Blades Used in Construction
- Construction Equipment Types for Heavy Lifting
- Heavy Equipment Maintenance and Inspections Benefits
- Important Things to Check Before Buying Used Heavy Machinery
- What is a Cold Planer, and how does it work?
- What is a carry deck crane and how does it work?
- What Is a Pile Driver and How Does It Work?
- Basic Excavator Preventative Maintenance Tips
- 6 Things to Check Before Buying an Excavator
- Heavy Equipment Inspection Checklist Before and After Operation
- When purchasing used machinery, there are a few things to keep in mind during the inspection process
- Tires for Skid-Steer Loader Applications
- Types, usage, and concepts of the dragline excavator
- Tips for Operating a Mini Excavator
- Cranes: Their Functions and Purpose
- 5 Important Differences of Telehandler and Forklift
- Grader Uses and Benefits
- How to Operate Dozer? Here are the 6 Tip
- Are You Thinking to Sell Your Heavy Equipment? Here are 7 Tips to Maximize Your Return
- 5 Things to Check Before Buying Used Heavy Machinery
- Common Types of Construction Heavy Equipment
- The Function of Tower Cranes in the Construction of High-Rise Buildings
- Buying a Used Mini Excavator: Inspection Tips
- Ways to Reduce Heavy Construction Equipment Fuel Costs
- Statistics on Construction Injuries That Every Contractor Should Be Aware Of
- Compact Track Loader Basic Preventive Maintenance Tips
- Equipment Safety Tips for Incident Prevention
- The Top Five Problems With Small Excavators
- Construction’s Most Reliable Dump Trucks- double article
- Heavy Construction Equipment & Machinery Used in Construction Industry
- Backhoe VS Excavator
- Everything You Need To Know About Excavator
- 6 Advantages of Purchasing Pre-Owned Heavy Equipment
- 5 Ways to Sell Your Used Equipment
- 5 Benefits of Investing in New Equipment for Your Business
- Top Tips for Construction Heavy Equipment Diesel Engine Maintenance
- Tips for Heavy Equipment Operators: 8 Ways to Avoid Jobsite Injuries
- Crawler Cranes: Their Ideal Uses
- 5 Warning Signs That Your Heavy Equipment Is Overworked
- What is a Telehandler?
- Maintaining Construction Heavy Equipment Tips
- The Uses of Different Excavator Types
- The Importance of Maintenance For Heavy Construction Equipment
- Types And List of Heavy Construction Equipment
- Types, Parts, and Uses Of Bulldozer
- Safety Tips for Heavy Equipment Construction
- Which Should You Choose, Renting Or Buying Heavy Construction Machinery
- Tips for Selling Heavy Equipment
- Motor Grader Vs. Dozer
- In Civil Construction, What types of Equipment are used?
- Heavy Equipment Safety Tips
- Excavator Types and Their Applications on the Construction Site
- Earth-Moving Heavy Equipment for Construction
- Is That True That Motor Graders Are The Hardest Heavy Equipment To Operate
- When purchasing used construction equipment, there are a few things to think about
- What factors should be addressed when choosing construction equipment
- Tips for Motor Graders on Basic Preventative Maintenance
- Important Heavy Equipment Undercarriage Maintenance Tips
- How can you figure out how much used heavy equipment is worth
- How can you figure out how much-used equipment is worth
- Construction Machines: 5 Must-Have Heavy Equipment Machines
- The Advantages of Purchasing Used Equipment
- Heavy Equipment for Construction: What Are the Different Types
- Buying Guide for Used Heavy Equipment
- 6 Points to Consider When Purchasing Used Construction Equipment